- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup| 7 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 cup| 7 ounces light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups | 10 ounces flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats, ground
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces Hershey bar, grated
- 1 1/2 cups nuts, chopped (walnuts, pecans)
- Preheat oven to 375 and line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, cream the butter and both sugars. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl and add eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined and smooth.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, ground oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to mixer and stir until combined.
- Add chocolate chips, grated chocolate, and nuts and stir.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into balls. Bake 10 minutes.
Recipe was originally doubled, but my stand mixer can’t handle that amount of dough.