For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups | 6.5 ounces all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
For the lemon filling:
- 1 cup | 7 ounces granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup | 1.25 ounces all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (can sub 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract if it’s too hard to get enough zest)
- 1/2 cup meyer lemon juice
- powdered sugar for dusting
To make the crust:
- Spray an 8×8 inch pan with non-stick and line with parchment. Use two pieces of parchment that cross and hang over the edges of the pan for easy removal.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Pulse to combine. Add in pieces of butter and pulse til combined and are pea sized.
- Press into bottom of pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
For the filling:
- In a medium bowl whisk the sugar, flour, eggs, lemon zest (or extract), and lemon juice.
- Pour the filling over the baked crust and continue baking another 25 minutes, until the filling is set. If the filling moves when you jiggle the pan, continue baking a few minutes at a time until set.
- Cool completely, cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.